Not many people are willing to stand up and say that they are happy to be in debt. At the same time there a lot of people that think it cannot be possible to live life debt free as that seems like an impossible dream! If you are sick and tired of being in debt and are looking for any type of hope at becoming debt free, here are the steps to get out of debt and stay there!
- Never go back into debt – You can never become debt free if you go back into debt. This is where you have to commit to becoming debt free and there is no looking back.
- $1,000 starter emergency fund – You will want to have this in place before you go in attack mode on your debts. The reason is simple…life will come after you during this period and you need to be ready to tackle whatever life throws at you head on. No, $1,000 will not cover every emergency, but it will cover 90% of them.
- Debt snowball – This is where you list all of your debts smallest to largest based on balance (everything but the house). Pay minimum payments on every debt accept the smallest one and use every dollar you can find in your budget to pay off the smallest debt as quick as possible. Continue to repeat this process until you are debt free. The average American has anywhere between $1,500 and $2,000 in non-mortgage debt payments. Imagine adding that kind of power when you are paying off your car loan or student loan. You may need to add the dreaded part-time job, overtime and/or sell some stuff. Just remember, it is only temporary and a life being debt free is definitely worth some sacrifice to get there!
If getting out of debt is a dream that you would like to see become a reality contact us today and find out how we can help!
Valentine’s Day Is Almost Here!
There’s nothing wrong with giving your special someone the traditional roses and chocolates this year at Valentine’s Day. However, what if there were some ways to spice up your Valentine’s Day this year while keeping it on a realistic budget? Here are five ideas that can help you do just that.
- Romantic dinner at home – Dim the lights down low, light a candle or two and cook your favorite meal. Add your favorite music and you will have a great night together while keeping your costs down.
- Game night – Hunker down and play some of your favorite board or card games. You may not think this is very romantic, but if you can create a fun atmosphere you will enjoy a Valentine’s Day that you will not soon forget.
- Create a mix of your favorite songs – Create a mix of your special someone’s favorite song and give that as a gift to them. Music creates and holds powerful memories.
- Write a love letter – I know some of you guys out there are thinking love letter, no way. Give it a shot. It is not as bad as you think. And if a letter seems too much to ask, then consider writing a “Top 10 List” for the reasons why you love him or her.
- Framed photo of each other (or of your entire family) – Take a picture that you both like or create a new picture and have it developed and framed. You can find great deals at your local drugstore and you will have a memory that will last a lifetime.
Are You Ready for the “Big Game”?
Looking for ways at hosting an awesome Super Bowl party without getting your budget tackled? Here are some quick and easy tips how to score big points at your party this year.
Justin’s Super Bowl Predictions
Steelers 24 Packers 28 (GO PACK GO!!)
- Potluck party – Everybody that you invite probably has his or her favorite dish. Invite them to bring that along to the party and set up the food buffet style. Not only will you save money as the host, but you will give everyone else an opportunity to show off their favorite food.
- Buy in bulk – This is especially true if you are going to have a good sized party. As you already know when you buy in bulk, generally the overall cost is less for you the consumer.
- Get Your Party supplies at .99 stores – If you have to decorations at your party there is no need to spend all of your hard earned money on party supplies that will last just a few short hours. Go to a .99 store near you and you can get some real good bargains.