I am excited to announce that Strong Tower Consulting has finished its first full year in business. Looking back, it doesn’t seem like it was that long ago. Here is a look at what was accomplished in our first year of offering help and hope in the area of personal finance.
- Just under sixty clients
- Thirteen speaking engagements
- Two financial wellness programs at the workplace
- 120 Facebook fans (in just eight weeks)
We are just getting started at Strong Tower Consulting. Whether you are looking for individual coaching, financial wellness at the workplace or motivational speaking; Strong Tower Consulting will help you reach your goals. Still not a fan on Facebook? Click here to become a fan!
|Garage Sale Season in Full Swing|
|Whether you want some extra cash to help build your emergency fund or you want to find some really great items at bargain buster prices, garage sales can accomplish both of those goals. Looking for ways to get the most out of garage sales? Click here.|
- Consider having a neighborhood or multi-family garage sale to draw more people.
- Advertise in the paper, on the web, and at grocery stores, community centers, Laundromats, and churches.
- Put men’s items near the road (tools, lawn equipment, etc.) to help draw husbands in.
- Put everything you don’t want in the sale. You never know what someone else might want.
- Let your kids sell the refreshments if they want to help.
- Make a list if there are specific things you are looking for (make sure it is in the budget).
- Go early for the best items and late for the best deals.
- Haggle, haggle, haggle… Don’t be afraid to negotiate (If you want to haggle, make sure you drive the Gremlin and not the Lexus).
- If you don’t see what you are looking for, ask if they have it.
- Don’t buy it just because it’s a deal (unless you’re going to sell it on eBay).
At the end of the day whether you are the buyer or the seller, have fun with the process! You can find the entire list of great garage sale ideas (for both buyers and sellers) here.
Financial Peace University
Would you like to be in control of your money? Are you tired of living paycheck to paycheck? Would you like to know how to become and stay DEBT FREE? How about learning more about investments? If you answered yes to any of those questions, then look no further and attend Financial Peace University. This entertaining yet educational thirteen week course will teach you everything you need to know about personal finance and is taught by Dave Ramsey.
I will personally be facilitating a class starting in just a few weeks at Cornerstone Church, in Ames, Iowa.
Class begins Wednesday, June 1, 6:30-8:30. If you are interested please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can preview the class by clicking below.